Friday, August 3, 2007

A week in the life of Jenny...

This has been one of the weirdest, at times, longest weeks of my life.

It started out Sunday night...got the stomach flu. That's a great start to the week, huh? So Monday I had to call out sick, since I was still ill. Monday night my fever broke. Dave and I stopped by Michelle's house for a couple of minutes to say "hi" to her and Julia.

Tuesday, I went back to work. The day was pretty normal, except it was the slowest day of my life since I felt so weak and nauseous. Especially Tuesday morning. I even took a nap in my car during lunch. After work, I took another nap and went to bed by nine. Needless to say, Otis and I skipped obedience class. I think he was a little disappointed.

Wednesday morning started out with my annual physical. I was deemed so healthy that I didn't need to get any tests done. Hurray! Shortly after I got to the office, we got some visitors that Brett and I had to deal with. That was pretty exciting. Too bad I can't get into much detail here. I went home from work really exhausted. Dave and I were watching the news when tragedy struck. The 35W bridge collapsed. It's a bridge that I've driven across hundreds and hundreds of times. We watched in horror as victims helped pull other victims out of the water. If there is any positive side to tragedy, it is the realization of how truly blessed we are to be safe and well.

Thursday was a fairly normal day. At work, I wrote a memo about the tragedy for our employees. Usually I don't do internal communications, but it's fun to do something different once in a while and help them out. After work, I went to may parents' for dinner. Becky and her family and Rachel came home from their week-long camping trip. I was so happy to see them home and safe.

On Friday, our electricity went out at work. We got to go home early! What a great way to end such a busy work week. Rachel, Annette, Dave and I went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and went to see the Bourne Ultimatum. It was pretty good. We had to sit really close to the front, so it was kind of hard to follow some of the chase scenes. I liked the other two better, but for a trilogy, it's such a good set of movies.

Just ran a 5K race today. It was cold and rainy. I can't wait to take a nap! Hopefully, next week won't be as crazy and I'll stay on top of my blogging, so I don't have to write so much at once to keep all of my fellow readers caught up on my life! (yes, all two of my fellow readers that probably knew 99.9% of all of this anyway...)

1 comment:

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.