Sunday, July 29, 2007

Prayers for Tonya

I'm really not sure if there is anyone reading this blog out there....except for Dave and Katie, I haven't really told anyone about it. But I just think that asking for people out there to pray for my friend will help me feel better. It's really the best way I can help her right now.

Just over a week ago, she found out that she had a mass in her chest. It has turned out to be cancer. The doctors haven't reached a final diagnosis yet, but each time she has gotten closer to a diagnosis this week, the news has not been what anyone wants to hear. The tumor turned out to be lymphoma. Then they found out it was a form of non-Hodgkin's. Which is now likely to be an aggressive form of non-Hodgkin's. This week (Friday), she's going to begin the most aggressive type of chemo to fight off the cancer.

It's been really shocking, because Tonya has never appeared to be "sick." She always has lots of energy and a great laugh. She has has two adorable little girls...10 months and 1 1/2 years. She has a really cool Caringbridge site set up, which has been updating almost every day with the latest news. It's really amazing all the people who have signed the guestbook...offering to help with driving to doctor's appointments, watching the kids, providing food, lifting up prayers, etc. If you want the link to her site, please let me know. I'd be happy to share it (but I feel weird to just publish it to the world).

Anyway, more prayers can never hurt. So please keep her in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.