Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wonderful weekend..

For Mr. Otis, this weekend probably wasn't one of his favorites. He spent most of the day Saturday and Sunday in his kennel. But for his momma, this was definitely a great weekend.

Saturday, I went to Valleyfair with Krissy, Rachel and Janelle. The morning started out a little drizzly and cool. But right after we got to the park, the sun came out and it got hot! The park was pretty busy, but the lines weren't too bad. Well, the lines were really long for the water rides and the new ones. But the classic rides -- Excalibur, High Roller (the white roller coaster), Corkscrew -- had really short lines. We had a really fun time -- well, who doesn't have fun at Valleyfair? Poor Dave had to work, so I got to have all the fun while he worked. We ended up going out to eat at Buffalo Tap. It's one of our new favorite restaurants. They have great root beer and burgers and onion rings. Yummy!

We had two big thunderstorms at 3:15 a.m. and one right after dinner (remember my nieces' camping trip....well they survived the early morning storm, but the Millers decided that it would be better to crash Grandma's house instead of enduring another severe storm in a tent in the woods.)

Today (Sunday) was a really great day too. Dave had the day off work (HURRAY!) and he didn't even request it off. We decided we better run (the TC 10-miler is coming up soon and we need to serious with our training). So we started the day with a 3-mile run. Then we took Otis for a 1-mile walk. After O-bear's walk, we drove up to Lake Calhoun to meet our friends Angela and Matt. We rollerbladed a total of 6.4 miles (2x around the lake) and ate lunch at the pavilion. The pavilion has this great little restaurant called The Tin Fish. We both got fried walleye tacos....Angela highly recommended them. They were really, really, really good and we'll definitely being going back there again.

Since we were in the neighborhood, we decided to stop by my sister's house. We hung out there for an hour or so and then ran a couple of errands (REI for some camping stuff for our trip next week and PetSmart for some dog food, cat food and cat litter).

I was pooped when I got home, so the family (Dave, Otis and I) somehow curled up on the couch and took a nap. We made a great dinner tonight....pork tenderloin, green beans and Texas toast. Took Otis on another walk and did some cleaning.

It was definitely a busy, but fun weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a lot more exciting weekend than we did....I wish I could be that physically active! Good job!!!! You guys must have been wiped out last night...

    That cracked me up about the Millers crashing Grandma's would too! We had really really bad storms here on Saturday night too....thunder and lighting for like 5 hours..crazy...


What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.