Friday, May 7, 2010

28 years, zero days

It's my birthday. All in all, it's been a good day so far.

I took the day off work. I bought great tickets for the Carrie Underwood concert and the state fair later this summer. I got my free birthday Caribou. I had lunch with Krissy and her mom, my second mom. My mom (and probably sister) and I are going to go shopping to buy a wedding present for the wedding we're going to tomorrow. Dave and I have plans to go to Chino Latino tonight. Yum.

But I swear I have some sort of curse on this day. Something always goes wrong.

Last year, I spilled my still-warm free birthday Caribou on my white skirt and car when I was getting out of the car.

This year, my husband tried extra hard to make my day extra special. He bought me a gift card to get my hair highlighted and cut. He even made my appointment for me. (That's not the bad part. :))

This morning, I got a call saying my hair stylist was out sick. The next available evening appointment with her: June 22. (That's the bad part.) But I guess it all worked out for the best. If I had the appointment this morning, I wouldn't have been able to get the Carrie Underwood tickets right when they went on sale. So now I have great seats! And I'll still get my hair done -- eventually.

So Boo, Otis, Cooper, Gracie and I are all going to be lazy and take a little nap before my mom calls and/or Dave gets home. Today we have perfect napping weather!

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.