Monday, May 10, 2010

15 weeks

Whoa! I'm already 15 weeks pregnant. That just seems a little unreal. Boo is already the size of an apple.

Things are progressing pretty well -- as far as I'm aware. It's been several weeks since my last appointment. I have another one coming up in 1 1/2 weeks.

I think I'm done with the nasty first trimester symptoms. Bloating. Nausea. The whole bloating phenomenon caught me by complete surprise. I really think my stomach was bigger at the end of the day during weeks 8 - 10 than it is now. The puke count is at 4. I think that's pretty good, considering some people puke several times a day. My skin is improving. The zits and acne seem to be clearing up. Thank God! My symptoms weren't too extreme -- but definitely enough to find comfort in that things must be developing within.

I'm still pretty sleepy. I'm sure that part of this is just in my head -- I love sleep and pregnancy is the perfect excuse for being sleepy. Although some people at work have noticed that I have a bit more energy, so that's good.

Here's a fun fact. Someone has already told me I waddle like a pregnant woman. Ah! Isn't that not supposed to happen until you're huge.

For the most part, I haven't had too much to worry about. I'm thirsty a lot. So I drink a lot. But I still don't drink the total amount of water one is supposed to consume when pregnant. So sometimes, like when I wake up in the morning and it's been a while since I've had a lot of water, I worry that Boo is going to suffocate from lack of amniotic fluid. I'm pretty sure that's not happening, so I don't even know why that worry comes across my mind. I don't even know if that is possible!

That's pretty much all I have for a baby update. Dave and I went to a wedding this weekend, so we actually have a couple of pictures. But I'm lazy and haven't uploaded the pics yet. And I'm tired, so it's not happening tonight. Maybe Dave will do it for me...hint. hint.

J.B.

3 comments:

  1. Upload pics!!!! I wanna see the flower pics too :) 15 weeks already huh? Yay...almost half way there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally normal to worry like that. Honestly, I think it's just part of being pregnant and being a mother. I had to stop going on the internet to curb my fears.
    I going to make a prediction that you are having a girl. Let's see if I'm right. Are you going to find out? If so, are you going to share? Just wondering how long I need to wait to see if I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we're going to find out. Sometime in the beginning of June. We're actually rescheduling that appointment, so I don't know exactly when it is. And yes, we're going to share that news with everyone...probably not the name though. Speaking of which, I should put up a poll for people to record their guesses.

    I haven't yet searched the internet to see if my fear is even a possibility. I'm just assuming it's a fairly irrational fear.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.