Monday, May 24, 2010

The question...

There was one question I knew would be coming my way soon.

"Are you expecting?"

I was curious when someone would ask me, because I see my stomach every day. It's kinda hard to tell if I'm really showing or just looking fatter. So I figured, the day that question came, it means I've started looking obviously enough pregnant to the outside world.

You may have figured it out. That question came my way today. 17 weeks. 1 day. Is this a normal point in your first pregnancy to start getting that question or not, I don't know. I ran into someone I know that I hadn't seen in a long time. I was wearing a maternity shirt, so it was probably a little more obvious looking that I am in this condition than if it was a normal shirt where people might be more apt to think I've put on a few pounds.

On the other hand, I have been asked this question on more than one occasion when I'm not pregnant....so I guess it's pretty good that I made it more than 4 months into a pregnancy before getting asked if I am.

So, my friends, Boo and myself are growing. To all those that are wondering, yes, I guess I can now officially say now that I'm showing.

And maybe someday I'll take a picture to share.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.