Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Biggest Loser, cool link and a question...

Biggest Loser
Yeah! One of my favorite shows -- The Biggest Loser -- is airing its season premiere in exactly 20 minutes (so you know this is going to be a short post)!

The stories of people overcoming personal issues and losing lots and lots of weight is so inspirational. At the beginning of the season, they are so obese, they don't know much about eating right, and they don't exercise. By the end of the season, they learn so much and they look so great! And I pretty much cry every episode as the stories are so touching.

Doesn't it always seem that the contestants always struggle with self-esteem issues?

(That's not my question, but it brings me to part 2 of this blog)

Cool Link
I think people would be lying to themselves if they say they've never dealt with self-esteem issues. Those issues might not be as bad as the contestants on Biggest Loser, but you probably got some self-esteem issues in the back of your mind that might come out of the closet every once in a while. Lately, I feel like I've been dealing with low self-esteem more than usual. So I came accross this link about ten ways to honor thyself. It's faith-based, but not preachy...so enjoyed reading it and feel like I can apply it to my life. It has some interesting suggestions to help you enhance your life by taking the time to love yourself, which will lead to being happier in all other parts of your life.

http://www.beliefnet.com/gallery/honorthyself.html

The Question
One of the challenges to yourself in this self-love challenge is to find a theme song for your life. I thought this was a great suggestion -- to "find a song that makes you feel good about yourself and snaps you into a state of higher self-esteem and hopefulness." I'm probably thinking too hard, but I can't seem to figure out the right theme song for me. I've had certain theme songs for different times in my life (i.e. Independent Women by Destiny's Child, Love Song for No One by John Mayer) but I don't have one that fits now.

Got any suggestions? What is your personal theme song?

1 comment:

  1. I often use "I will survive" while running. I do not use it in reference to the rest of the lyrics, just the "I will survive" section. I figures it always applies...survive running, survive the next paper I have to do, the next busy week. :)

    As far as being a theme song, I am not sure what represents me...

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.