Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

This week I'm so thankful that my husband is back home!!! He has been gone the last two weekends, and now he's home. It's so good to be reunited. The house is just a lot lonelier without him. Otis and Cooper get sad too. Thankfully, neither one of us have any plans to travel without each other in the foreseeable future, so it'll be a while until I'm home alone again. I'm really grateful that neither one of us has jobs that require a lot of travel. I guess that could change at some point.

In sad news though, Dave's grandma passed away today. We'll always remember her. I know that she's in a good place now watching over us. She's not in pain anymore, so that's a blessing.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you find the silver lining and continue to write your Thankful Thursday entries! You make me think of my personal thankful thoughts each Thursday when I read your blog! The next few days are bound to be busy and stressful. Our prayers are with all the Balows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about dave's grandma. my grandpa is likely to be on hospice care very soon; i can't even imagine when he goes. i'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you at Dooce and thought you might be interested.

    Although I am still happily accepting (and pushily begging) for donated prizes for my fundraiser, I decided to get the ball rolling.

    http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

    PLEASE click on the link and enter to win. And forward it to as many people as you possibly can.

    I am DETERMINED to raise a tremendous amount of money in my Dad's honor.

    And by donating, people have a chance (or many chances!) to win some fantastic prizes!!

    So it's a win-win situation for everyone!!

    Thanks so much!!

    Hallie

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.