Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

Today I'm thankful for me! Just kidding....it's my birthday, so today's all about me, right? lol.

Actually, since it's my birthday, I am thankful for my parents -- without them, I wouldn't be here. Also for all of my friends who keep sending me emails, texts and Facebook messages wishing me a great day. And my dad who had lunch with me today. And my great co-workers who turned my day around...

...my day started with traffic jams and long lines at Caribou and culminated with me spilling my entire large Hot Apple Blast on me and my car and the ground when I got out of my car. I was so frustrated and slightly became overcome with emotion (how embarrassing) when I walked in to see my cube fully decorated for my b-day. After I told them what happened, we did a Caribou "re-do" and all drove over there together and got a new drink.

And I'm also thankful for my husband who surprised me a little bit ago by delivering some flowers and my happy birthday card to my office in person and further making my day much better than it started.

My favorite part of my birthday isn't the presents or the big celebration (and I have class tonight, so no big celebration today for me) ..it's definitely just feeling the love from everyone all around.

I'm so thankful for the love.

6 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday, Love!!

    Eat lot's of cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!! Definitely take care of yourself and have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, happy birthday to you! from one may baby to another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!! How it was a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.