Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year, I have a new-found appreciation for Valentine's Day. No, not for the candy and the cards. But for the meaning behind it. Love.

Today I found myself comparing Thanksgiving Day to Valentine's Day. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, because the whole day is about being thankful for all that you've been blessed with in your life. It's a day of appreciation.

To me, Valentine's Day is a day of appreciation too. But instead of just sitting there and soaking in all the gratitude, you actively make it known to the one(s) that you're most thankful for....you make it known how much you love them and how much your life is complete with them in your life.

Granted you shouldn't just share the love just one day a year, you should do it every day. But it's just taking that extra effort to make it extra known that you care that makes the day special.

Just like Thanksgiving. Each day you should count your blessings. But there's something special about taking a day just to really express your gratitude and celebrate your blessings.

Here's the love of my life with his wedding present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.