The night is descending;
The marsh is frozen,
The river dead.
Through clouds like ashes
The red sun flashes
On village windows
That glimmer red."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Afternoon in February
Here's a sneak preview of what the Balows are up to this month. Although with the holidays done and over, we've gotten back into the same old routine. There aren't a lot of big exciting things going on...lots of work and school...and staying hunkered down until spring arrives (hopefully soon).
- Office visits -- This month I'll be going to both Winona and Hutchinson to visit some offices and show them all the cool interactive marketing tools we offer.
- Valentine's Day -- We don't really celebrate this holiday (it's a sore spot in our relationship, actually, since I told Dave I couldn't be his girlfriend right before he deployed to Iraq many years ago. Obviously, I changed my mind and Dave was still willing to have me. Despite my efforts to make this up to him, he still teases me about it).
- Baby shower -- A baby shower for my friend Beth who is having a baby in May! Beth is my "battle buddy" -- her boyfriend was deployed to Iraq at the same time as Dave. Coincidentally, her boyfriend (now husband) is also named Dave.
- Spring semester starts -- I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the semester didn't start until Feb. 5. I'm taking Communication Technology. Hopefully, I can figure it out. ;)
- Super Bowl Party -- Yesterday we went to a friend from my work's house to watch the Super Bowl and the commercials, and eat lots of yummy food. Hooray for making friends at work!