Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Recipe, Week 5

This last week, I only made one new recipe. Cabbage Roll Casserole.

A friend at work was talking about making cabbage rolls. That's something my Grandma makes, but I haven't had in years. So I thought I'd try making them. But when I was searching for a recipe, I came across this casserole recipe, which sounded so much easier. Being lazy, I opted for the easy recipe.

And it tasted just like cabbage rolls. The leftovers were even better that the original night.

As far as the recipe goes, I followed some of the other users comments. I added some spices like paprika and garlic. I also just cooked it all in a pot in the stove, since that was faster.

I forgot to ask Dave how many jalapenos he gives this....so I'll have to update this later.

I gave it 3 jalapenos.

Here's the links for my weekly new recipe post: New recipe, week 4 New recipe, week 3, New recipe, week 2, New recipe, week 1

I can cross this to-do in my 101 in 1,001 list now!!!! I've made at least one new recipe every week for the last month. woo woo.

2 comments:

  1. You are cruising on the 101s! I definitely have to look into the cabbage roll casserole!! We like cabbage rolls around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have done very well on your 101 list. How many things have you finish on your list ? I like cabbage rolls too. Kept up the good work and who knows you may be on "Hell`s Kitchen ." Have you seen that program?

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.