"Nothing," I reply. "Work's been busy. But nothing new."
Last night, I was trying to think of something to write and post on my blog.
I couldn't come up with anything. I ended up closing the window and going back downstairs to watch TV.
What is this? Am I really living a life where nothing goes on? Nothing more than waking up, going to work, coming home and making dinner, take the dogs outside, watch TV, and then going to bed. Night after night. Of course not!!!! There is much more to my life than that. There may not be life-shattering new things going on. Right now, I just want to take a step back and look at what's going on in my life. Time to take note of the small stuff. And I'm right it down here, so next time I talk to my grandpa, I can tell him what's really new with me.
- My class is in full swing. I just had the second class last night. Although it's a huge challenge to get motivated to do the homework.
- Tomorrow, I think I'm going to make a fancy dinner for Dave and I to celebrate Valentine's Day. The menu is TBD.
- This last week the weather was unusually warm for this time of year...above freezing. The snow almost all melted.
- Since the snow was melting, I took over an hour to pick up dog do-do in my back yard, filling up two plastic bags. The job is not done yet!!! Hopefully, Dave will help with the rest of it.
- Tomorrow is the baby shower for my good friend, Beth. I got her gift weeks ago, since I was excited to go shopping for baby stuff. I'm excited to see how big she is now and also to see what presents the baby receives. Not too excited to play baby shower games, but I am looking forward to winning some prizes. lol.
- Couple of birthdays for my friends this week. Andee's was yesterday and Krissy's is today. Last night I had class, so I couldn't see Andee. Krissy is vacationing in Arizona, so I won't see her either. Bummer!!
- Work is really, really busy. In a couple of weeks, I can show you what we've done.
- Otis has started a really bad habit. He's tripping out in the middle of the night barking like someone's trying to break in the house. It's loud and annoying and destroying my sleep pattern.
- Yesterday, Dave had a promotion for work and had to wear a tux. I'm waiting to see pictures, since I didn't see him dressed up.
- Wow. Can't believe I forgot this one. I bought a new light fixture for our master bathroom off of Craigslist and Dave installed it. I tried to help, but it was really hard to hold up the fixture while he connected the chords. But we did it! Stay tuned for photos (I've been lazy about posting them).
- I bought a curtain rod and curtains at World Market (they're going out of business). They'll hopefully be put up this weekend in the loft.
- Gracie is assimilating herself with the dogs. We've had Otis for almost three years now, but recently she's been picking up a lot of their behaviors. A couple months ago, she started licking Dave and I -- just like the dogs lick us. Now she's herding Cooper around. She likes biting his ankles. It's really cute to watch. And she's losing some of her more cat-like traits -- like hissing.
- Our garage door motor decided to work again! Thank goodness!! And now we can park in the garage again!
I'm impressed at the size of this list that I just put together really quickly. Sometimes I just need to take a step back to realize what's really going on, take note of it, and just be thankful for it all.