Monday, October 6, 2008

Two more recipes that passed the Balow Bunch test

Yes, ok, I admit...Dave and I may not be the best judges for my cooking. We are probably two of the world's least pickiest eaters and like almost everything. But I've been loving my most recent issue of Cooking Light and have tried two more of the recipes from this issue. We enjoyed both of them -- Autumn Apple Cake and Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Chard. The chicken recipe was surprisingly delicious with a sweet and slightly spicy flavor (I opted for the jalapeno pepper versus the cherry pepper). Apples are used with both recipes, so I've continued to enjoy my bounty from the apple orchard. But unfortunately, I used the last apple last night. Bummer.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me . How about eating a piece for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news- apples are on sale at Cub this week! I just bought some to make more apple pie and applesauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmm... so what you're telling me is... hmmm.. you aren't picky eaters and that's the reason you like MY cooking????????
    So be it... But I am looking forward to some non-picky eaters for Christmas :-)
    Miss you both bunches and bunches

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.