Sunday, October 5, 2008

Light the Night = AWESOME!

Last night, we participated in the Light the Night walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was a great time. When all the donations were all submitted, our team of 19 raised $5,515! Thank you to everyone who contributed. You money will be put to good use...to help support people and their families fighting cancer. Before the walk started, they had free food for the participants. They also had a band playing...and some cool people gave some words of appreciation (some local news anchor, Senator Amy Klobuchar and a Vikings player who currently has cancer). There were lots of families and kids walking together. It took a bunch of pics...here's a couple of my favorites.



Tonya and her family. Madeline, Lauren and Marc


Our team -- Team Tonya


This pic is for Pappy!


Me and Tonya. She had a special blue "Survivor" shirt and a white balloon.


Dave and I with our illuminated balloons.

3 comments:

  1. What an absolute fab picture of David and my friend:-)
    I'm proud of you for being involved with that great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first picture of the balloons! Great job on the walk...it looks like a lot of fun for a great cause! It's nice to see pics of your friend Tonya too, who I've heard so much about (good things of course :))

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.