Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Update

Another weekend has come and gone. Lately, the weeks seem to be flying by and the weekends seem to pass by even faster. It's unbelievable that Dave's fall semester started today, Anthony started Kindergarten and Labor Day weekend is this next weekend!

I didn't take any photos this weekend (the batteries in the camera need to be replaced). So let me tell you about it instead.

Friday night my nieces slept over at my house. They were so excited. I think everytime I see them, they ask if they can sleepover. Friday night we just hung out and watched a movie. It was kind of funny, because this was the first time they slept over where Dave didn't work at Home Depot -- meaning Dave was actually home and got to hang out with them too. They were a confused and kept asking Dave why he was home. Funny.

Saturday we took the girls to Playworks. They had new play structure, which I thought was more fun than the old one. This one is more grown-up friendly. You can actually stand up inside instead of crawling everywhere and killing your knees. We played there most of the morning, until the girls got hungry. Trying to score "favorite auntie" points, we took them to McDonald's. After lunch, we went swimming at the pool. Each time they swim in my pool they’re getting more comfortable in the deep end and better with their swimming. Amanda swam the whole length of the pool on her back (which is great b/c she and Emily tend to get scared about swimming where they can’t touch). Then I taught her how to swim down and touch the bottom with her hand (in the shallow end), and she was so excited about that b/c it’s one thing that Emily could do and she couldn’t.

After that the girls were wore out. We sat in the lounge chairs with towels wrapped around us at the pool for a little bit, so we could warm up. Wouldn't you know that Emily fell asleep right there! I had to carry her home. Then we all piled in the car to meet up with Rachel (they slept at her house Saturday night as Becky and Steven went out of town just the two of them). Apparently, it was Amanda's turn to take a nap. She fell asleep in the back seat while listening to Dave sing Rascal Flatts.

Saturday night, we got to meet up with some of my friends from high school (and some of their parents too). Hanging out with Erin, Melissa and Rachel is always one of my favorite times. I always look forward to it. We always have a good time. And afterwards, I can't wait until we see each other again. Rachel was having her annual golf tournament, and we met up for dinner and drinks afterwards. Erin and John were home from Chicago, so we got to see our favorite Expecting Parents. You still can't tell she's pregnant! We got to see pics from the ultrasound pic. Baby Luckey is so cute (yes, I could tell from the pic)! It's nice that John is a doctor, because then he can show what's what in the ultrasound pic. I can't wait to see Erin again when she's home next at Thanksgiving and we have her baby shower! I'll get to see Rachel and Melissa again on Wednesday for book club.

Good times.

Sunday wasn't really interesting. I slept in because I was having some serious sleeping issues with my seasonal allergies. Then I cleaned up around the house. Dave came home from work and we went to get him school supplies and went grocery shopping. Came home, made dinner and took the dogs for a walk. Finished the evening by reading my blizzard book and watching the Olympics closing ceremony. Part of me is glad the Olympics are done, because I'm tired of Dave making fun of me every time they show Shawn Johnson or Nastia Luikin and their gymnastics routines and I start crying.

More blogs to come! Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun and complete weekend. I didn't realize your friends from Chicago were expecting - how fun!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.