Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

Last week, my mom and sister, Rachel, went up north to Grand Marais for a short girls' getaway. We had a fun time. My mom and I went sailing on Lake Superior. We hiked. We browsed through stores. We ate way too much food. We relaxed and read books. We visited Grand Portage and learned about the voyageurs that traveled 1,200 miles via canoe each year for trading. We saw Canada, but could not touch it (didn't have our passports). We enjoyed sunshine and endured rain. And we laughed. I laughed so hard I couldn't talk and my stomach hurt. I had a great time bonding with my mom and sister...and can't wait to do it again. Maybe next time my other sisters can join us.

This week I'm thankful for good memories and good relationships with my family.

My mom, Rachel & I at Grand Portgage

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! You made me thinking about spending time with my mom and my sister (in just two weeks - yay!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family laughter is wonderful, and your "girls' getaway" sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.