Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Intermediate Obedience...Class 1

Today was my first time "handling" Otis for his obedience class. (Dave has always done it, but he has a night class on Tuesday that conflicts with Otis' class.) Otis is now in Intermediate Obedience, which is the last session he needs to take until we can start agility training. I finally get my chance to show what a great obedience team Otis and I make...well, that's my goal. Tonight was a different story.

Tonight was all about Otis teaching his mom how to obey. Otis knows all the obedience tricks...heal, sit, stay, front, etc. Me, on the other hand, I'm a little rusty. It's been a good ten years since I've done the handling. I've watched Dave a few times, but it's really different when the leash is in your hand. I guess it wasn't all that bad. I had Otis' attention the whole time and he did good. But it was me that had to learn what the commands meant, not Otis. And he did decide to test me on a few 'waits,' but I showed him who's boss. This week we'll have to practice those tricks I didn't remember -- finish (getting Otis back in healing position after a front), stand, spin, and I think that's all.

In any event -- 1 class down, 7 more to go.

7 more classes until agility!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Otis must have a great daddy! I mean really, for him to be so well behaved, and smart....it must come from his ORIGINAL TRAINER!:)

    I'm proud of the both of you for doing the training!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.