Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tears of Joy...

The last week or so, there have been a lot of MN National Guard troops coming home from their deployment to Iraq. It's been on the news almost every night. This of course brings back memories and emotions of my own experience of waiting for Dave to come home. Every time I see clips of soldiers hugging their parents, wife, siblings and children, it makes me cry. I guess the tears are a good thing. The sight of families being united after a year apart is a good thing. Soldiers making it home healthy and alive is a good thing. Little kids being able to give their dad or mom hugs and kisses is a good thing. For the soldiers and their families...being able to put behind them a time of uncertainity and lots of stress is a good thing. It's definitely tears of joy that I cry for these families. I am happy that the soldiers have made it home and I'm happy that they get to live amongst their families again.

These stories of these soldiers and their sacrifices that keep appearing night after night remind me to be thankful that I've only had to go through one deployment. It also reminds me to be thankful for each day that I get to spend with my husband and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.