Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lovin' the weekend

Weekends are the great...weekends in the summer are better...Minnesota weekends in the summer are the best!

Today was a beautiful day. It was in the 80's, sunny skies, light and variable winds. Dave and I slept in and after we woke up, I made French toast. We didn't have too much time until Dave had to go to work. Rachel came over and we went to the swimming pool. Actually, first we went to the store and bought ourselves floaties for the water. So we hung out at the pool for most of the afternoon under the sunny skies. It's so nice just to relax at the pool -- hanging out in the sun, getting hot and then going into the water and laying on the floaties to cool off.

After the pool, we went to the mall and did some shopping. There were some great sales going on. I bought a new dress, two skirts, a tank top, a bikini and a shirt for Dave. Rachel got the same bikini and the same skirt. She also got a bunch of other stuff, including two shirts I picked out for her.

By the time we were done shopping, it was time for dinner. We went over to my parents' house and had a delicious dinner. My mom made pasta with a choice of a red sauce or a white sauce. I had both. We also had garlic bread and salad. Nothing beats my mom's cooking.

After dinner, I had to go rescue Otis from his kennel. He was so happy to see me. We went on a two mile walk. The sun was setting and the temperature was perfect. Otis and I practiced healing (that's when Otis walks on my left side).

That's pretty much my day. Thought I'd write about something different today instead of just running and Otis. Not that anything exciting happened. It's just so nice to be able to not think about work or anything else stressful...and to just enjoy the day and relax under the sun and be able to go shopping and enjoy the company of my family. The only thing that would have made my day better was if my husband could have spent the whole day with me. But someone needs to make money, so I can shop!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.