Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Life goes on...

While my heart is slowly healing, life definitely seems to keep a much faster pace. We've been busy in the last month or so. Be prepared to be bored with all the details...

About a month ago, our friends Jim and Aimee came to visit. Jim, Aimee and I went to the Renaissance Festival while Dave was at work. I hadn't been to the Renaissance Festival since I was a child, and man, those giant turkey drumsticks were just as yummy as I remembered. Despite the cold weather, we had fun watching a couple of shows, seeing a giant snake, walking through the shops and trying on some crazy viking helmets.

The second day of their visit, the four of us went to the last regular season Twins game in the Metrodome. We bought these tickets the day they went on sale, so we'd been waiting for this day for a long time. The Twins won the game and coincidently the Detroit Tigers lost enough games that the two teams played a one-game playoff to determine who was the division champions. Since we were at the Metrodome, we were able to buy tickets for the playoff game at the box office. So we went to the one-game play off with Krissy and her parents.

That game was the most intense baseball game I've ever attended. The crowd in th Metrodome was unlike that for any other baseball game. They were cheering. Waving homer hankies. Standing (even when the game went into extra innings). Most of the game we were behind the Tigers, but no one was giving up. Not one player. Not one fan (well, except Dave). Towards the end, we finally got ahead during the top of an inning and then the Tigers would tie it up. But finally it happened. We got ahead and kept the lead through the bottom of an inning and we were victorious.

Once again, we found ourselves at the Metrodome and able to buy the next round of playoff tickets right there at the box office. We really didn't have any options, except to buy tickets! Unfortunately, winning meant we had to play the Yankees in the first round of the American League playoffs. And that wasn't really a fun game to go to, so I won't elaborate. But we ended up going to the last Twins game at the Metrodome ever, and that's quite a memory on its own accord.

The next weekend, my sister-in-law, Katie, and her husband, Brian, came out to visit us. I picked them up at the airport and drove them down to Rochester (about an 1 1/2 from my house....not too far). I hung out with them for a little while, including going down to Chatfield to visit Dave's Great Aunt Hazel, who is in an nursing home with dimensia, and the cemetary where Dave's Grandma was buried earlier this year. For some reason, I really wanted to go to the cemetary to tell Grandma Louise to take care of our angel baby. I know I didn't have to go to her grave to do this...and I know she's already doing it anyway....but there was something about having the opportunity to go to the cemetary where she is physically buried to ask her to take care of our baby. I can't really explain it.

Anyway, after the cemetary I drove back to my neck of the woods and met up with my Dad, Mom, Rachel, Becky and my nieces for the hot air balloon ride adventure, which I blogged about earlier.

The next day, Katie, Brian, Dave and I hung out. We went to Murphy's Landing, obviously a place that I love! Katie took a bunch of photos of Dave and I. It's awesome having a photographer in the family. Here's a couple that she took.

And then this happened the next weekend (apple orchard with Krissy, Michelle and Michelle's daughter, Julie; and the corn maze with both my nieces; and trick-or-treating with Emily).

We're finally catching up to real time! This past weekend was Halloween. Given all that's happened above, I was completely okay with just having my parents over for dinner and to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

On Sunday we drove up to Duluth for Aimee's baby shower. Aimee and the twins (and Jim too) were showered with lots of presents and love. It was the first baby shower I'd been to after the miscarrige, so I was a little nervous of how I was going to feel. But it actually was fun. I'm really excited for Jim and Aimee to have their twins and was happy to be able to help the celebrate their arrival. I didn't feel sad or jealous or any of the bad feelings I thought I might feel....just genuinely happy and excited for their blessings. I know I'll get mine someday. Of course, we had to stay after the shower to watch the Vikings-Packers football game at Mike's house. By the time we got home, we'd spent close to six hours in the car.

Mind you, despite all of these activities, I've been working full-time and going to school two nights a week. So you might understand while I was feeling a little overwhelmed last month.

On Friday, I'm taking some real time off to go on a scrapbooking retreat/girl's weekend. I'm looking forward to some quiet time and some relaxing!!!



  1. I wanna go scrappin!! I'm glad we got to come visit and do pics :) luv u!

  2. AAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD we get to visit Erin and Jack this weekend!!!


What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.