Wednesday, July 29, 2009

He's all grown up now...

In less than two weeks, Cooper is turning two. Cooper is very much my baby and it's bittersweet to know that my pup isn't going to be a puppy anymore. (Two is generally the age when dogs start to calm down).

Today, Cooper did something for the very first time.

He lifted his leg this morning. My little pup always squats --- well, not anymore! (Otis on the other hand, was lifting his leg at 10 weeks old. I'm sure you wanted to know!)

When I saw what he was doing, I exclaimed, "Cooper!" I couldn't help myself.

He looked up at me as if he was saying, "What? I'm not a pup anymore. I'm almost two. I gotta do what the other guys do."

But in usual Cooper-style, he seemed somewhat bashful about it (I swear he was blushing underneath that fur)....and came up to me to get a scratch to let me know he will always be my baby.

Photo courtesy of Katie Mathews Photography.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute post!! Yes our pets grow up just like everyone else. Want be long before he will be married ..Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.