Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June = Busy

The last week or so has been so busy for me! You may have noticed I have not blogged in a while. And I haven't spent any time training for Grandma's either. It's been a week of way too much time away from home and too many late nights and early mornings. I spent Wednesday and Thursday at an off-site meeting for work, and then spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the 2008 DFL State Convention. Since Sunday afternoon, I've been trying to recover from my exhaustion, which is hard since I've had to work the last two days and interviews both days. Not complaining though. I had great times at the off-site and at the convention and interviews are always great things to have.

At the off-site meeting, we stayed at the St. Paul Hotel. Guess who was staying there with us? The band REM. Also, last Wednesday was the last game of the Stanley Cup finals when the Red Wings clenched the title. A bunch of the people from work live in Detroit, so it was pretty fun watching them celebrate.

The DFL Convention was fun too. Friday night was Becky's birthday. Sisters Becky and Rachel and my mom went down to Rochester. I got to go see Grandma Louise, Aunt Ann and Uncle Joe Friday after the opening speaks and before the convention really got started. You might see some of my photos on my slide show on the right. We got photos with Senator Amy Klobuchar, Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybek, former Senator Mark Dayton, the DFL Senate candidate Al Franken and others...it was cool to be so close to all Minnesota's top politicians. I've been trying to post the photos on here...and last night I got them on Flickr, but fell asleep before I had a chance to post them here.

That's really the highlights for now. I'm just glad to be back home and to have an almost normal schedule again. Oh, Dave got a new job! He's working at Gold's Gym now. The latest his shifts go are 7:30! Hooray! And he gets one weekend day off every week. Double Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, sounds like lots has been happening in your life! When you talked about meeting Al Franken, it reminded me that he actually was in the St Peter 4th of July parade last year with the local DFL.

    Dave's new job sounds great- you will actually have more days you are both off? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we'll have one day a week! Not just one day every six months!! woo woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because the only thing I could think of when I read Al Franken's name was SNL!!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.