Thursday, October 4, 2007

7:15 a.m.

The sun rose at 7:15 a.m. this morning.

At 7:14 a.m. I was running around the lake by my work. To be exact, I was on the west side of the lake and had an awesome view of the sun breaking through the horizon. The glorious colors of pink, orange and yellow brightening the sky and reflecting across the lake, which was surrounded by woods and trees with their autumn leaves brilliantly changing color into deep reds and oranges.

It was so beautiful, I had to stop running and just stand, taking in nature doing its thing. It was so refreshing, so peaceful. It's a miracle that God gives us every day.

I drank in this miracle. The sunrise lasts for just a moment. The fall leaves last for just a moment. But with such an amazing sight to start my day, how can it not be great?

At 7:16 a.m. I was back on the trail finishing my run. Ready to get on with my day, like the sun.

It's a great thing that running also lasts for just a moment.

1 comment:

  1. The same holds true for having children; they are only little for a moment and you spend the rest of their lives wondering where the moment went as well as enjoying other milestones they reach. You are a wise, wise lady Jenny!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.