Monday, August 16, 2010

28 weeks. 7 months. 3rd trimester!

Ok. I've now made it to 29 weeks, but I have to back up a little bit and give you a 28 week update, since I had an doctor's appt and had a photo taken (a really good one too!...if I can say so myself.)

My 28th week started with a blast. I went to the wedding of my friend, Carrie, along with my friends from high school. In true high school fashion, we went without our significant others (since we never had boyfriends...haha). We got together before the weddind to get our make up ready and hair done and all dressed up and ready to go. The wedding was a ton of fun. We laughed. We danced. We ate cake. We danced some more. Boo is already a hit with the ladies on the dance floor. I got home around 1:30 a.m. in the morning. I don't even remember the last time I stayed out that late.

The next day was not so much fun. I was exhausted. My internal alarm clock forced me up by 8:00 a.m. I'm not sure why, but I can never sleep in when Dave and I have a day off together. I guess I'm always too excited for the day to begin. So we made fried egg sandwiches and bacon. Yum. But by 10:30 a.m., I was sleepy and needed a nap. I slept for 3 1/2 hours! I've been known to take 3 hour naps, but not 3 1/2! It was a hot, hot day. Dave and I ran some errands, which mostly meant go buy things for Boo, I guess. Some books is what we intended to go find, but we were diverted from our mission when we drove past guys standing on a street corner holding signs for a furniture going out of business sale. We found a great rocker/recliner for Boo's room. It's so comfy and I can't wait to rock him to sleep in it. After that diversion, we got back on track and made our way to the book store. We found a cute children's book about a dog with no tail. Just like our pups! The dog looks just like Cooper -- even has blue eyes -- except in the story, the dog's name is Henry. We also found a bored book that has the same name as our baby boy.

Yes, that is right my friends, Boo has a name.

After the book store, we stopped at the grocery store. But the heat had definitely started gettting to me. We had to make it a quick trip to that store, as I was starting to get light headed and dizzy. We made it home. I made my way back to the couch and pretty much stayed there the rest of the day.

We also took our first daycare center tour. It was really nice, but it's probably out of our price range some. We have some leads on some other places too, so I'm sure we'll be able to find Boo a great daycare that fits our budget too.

Then I had a doctor's appointment. Boo is doing great. His heartrate was 150 bpm. He appears to be growing right on track. The not-so-good stuff had to do with me. I failed my 1-hour gestational diabetes test. And my blood platelets have dropped more....enough that my doctor called the next day to have me come back in again and get retested. So Friday, I went back to the doctor for more bloodwork. I passed the 3-hour gestational diabetes test! Hooray! And I got the platelets retested, but since they're just monitoring them, I probably won't get the results until my next doctor's appointment. Which is only a week away now.

It's crazy how fast time is going. I'm already in the third trimester. Boo is going to be here in 2 1/2 months. I'm excited to meet this little guy who keeps kicking me. I'm excited to see if he'll get my brown eyes or his daddy's blue eyes. We are getting close to being ready for him. We even got our car seat yesterday as a present from my aunt and uncle. So we can officially bring our little guy home from the hospital with us.

So now what I'm sure you've all been waiting for....the picture....although it's the same picture that was on Facebook, so it's probably not even new to most of you. Sorry for the tease!



J.B.

1 comment:

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.