Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday...

Guess I've been caught as a blog slacker...given that my last post was a week ago Thursday. Dave and I went out of town for a couple of days, so that's my excuse!! I have some fun stuff to blog about our trip, so stay tuned and I'll write those posts and upload those pics quickly. In the mean time, here's what I'm thankful for this week.

  • Sun! We went through many consecutive dreadful dreary days this week, which made me miss sunshine. While the temp during the week wasn't too bad, it gets depressing when you don't see the sun after surviving a long winter. Springs not here yet, but you can tell it's getting close when the sun appears. It's starting to feel so warm! It's melting the snow even when the temp isn't 32. And now that it's daylight savings time, it's still light outside when I get home!
  • Time off work. Well I guess this one is two-fold. I am thankful that I have a job! But it's so nice to get the opportunity to take a day off and spend that day with my husband. After surviving a crazy month at work, a day off was just what I needed to regroup and refresh myself. It's important to remember to value you're time off, b/c that's when most of the worthwhile living stuff takes place. Like getting served a 5-course breakfast at a bed & breakfast and then taking a nap once you finally get home.
  • Helping friends. It's gratifying knowing that you've helped a friend. Maybe it's as simple as emailing a link to some information that you know they'd find helpful. Or possibly connecting them to a great new opportunity. Or it could be something as serious as being there to help a friend stop something that they might regret later on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to take some time off and spend it with your husband - that is definitely something to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.