Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary...

This past Friday, January 25, my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary!! I think that's such a remarkable achievement, and I'm very proud to be their granddaughter. So many marriages don't last, and even those that do, it's pretty special to both be living 60 years later. I can only pray that Dave and I are happily married 58 1/2 years from now and celebrating our anniversary together.

I looked it up -- the 60th anniversary is the "Diamond" anniversary. I should have warned my grandpa...
P.S. I meant to post something earlier, but I was trying to find this photo of them from their wedding day.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet picture!! Are those the grandparents you're going to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they're the ones Dave and I are going to visit. It's been almost 1 1/2 years since I've seen them, so I'm excited for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..what a cool picture...

    Happy Anniversary Grandma & Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to the Bride & Groom!

    What a wonderful picture - love the "peeking" at the camera!!

    Enjoy your time on Valentine's Day with the other Sweethearts in the Family, Jenny & Dave, on Valentine's Day 2008!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.