Monday, March 28, 2011

What a girl wants...

For today's blog challenge, we're supposed to share three things we want. Anything. And not feel guilty for wanting it.

So here's the first thing I want.


A house. A single-family house with a backyard. And this particular picture is the model home for the particular house that I found that I want. It's gorgeous. At the moment, it's the house of my dreams. But it's just barely beyond our reach. This house has been consuming me. All day long I dream about living here. Room for Owen. Room for the dogs. Room for guests. Room for future children. Not to mention the model has one of the most beautiful gourmet kitchens I have ever seen. The three car garage seems big, but hey, we actually have three cars in our possession right now. So maybe this house isn't so way too big for us after all.

Since selling our current house isn't an option at the moment, I guess I'll pick one thing I'd like to do to our house.

Bathroom remodel! Fixing up anything in our house right now wouldn't be the wisest use of our money either. So the bathroom remodel is another dream of mind, just beyond my reach. I just kinda grabbed this picture of the world wide web, but now that I'm looking at it, I kinda like it. And it actually fits with the layout of my bathroom. It's like fate is trying to intervene here, and tell me that this bathroom needs me.

So for the third item, I'm picking something that I actually desperately need.
Jeans! Wearing my favorite pair of jeans through the first 4 months of my pregnancy, and squeezing back into them not even a week post-birth, caused some crazy stretching to my jeans. I swear, if jeans could get stretch marks, my jeans would have more of them than I do. And for the other jeans collecting dust in my closet, well, they just don't fit right anymore either. Pregnancy seemed to have caused my thighs to get smaller, while my hips grew. The net effect is pretty much a muffin top combined with a saggy butt look. Not flattering. Let me know your favorite brand of jeans. I don't even know where to start the search for new jeans.

Now for my runner up.

A closet like this would make my clothes look so beautiful. I might even look forward getting up in the morning, knowing that I would have to go into my closet to pick out something to wear. And in a house like mine -- with very little storage space, I think a closet organizer would be a smart use of what storage space we have. So we're not only looking at something beautiful here, it's practical too. A new closet is something I've always dreamed of having, so this was a close third. Especially, since I had a great home-related theme going. But the jeans are something I actually need, so they trumped the closet makeover.

It was fun picking out stuff I want. But it is making me feel like I need more in my life, which I don't. So now, in an effort to make me feel better, I just want to say that there is already so much that I'm lucky to have. And how all the things I do have don't even matter. And that all of the things I have could be swept away in a tsunami (Ok. It'd have to be a really big one to reach me.) The point is that I don't need those things pictured above. I already have more than enough. Because all I need is love. And I have a lot of that in my midst right now.

J.B.

6 comments:

  1. Yea yea yea..we have all we need...but it's still fun to "shop" and dream :)30 daaaayyyyssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's fun to dream. But I'm wierd. After dreaming of what I want for 20 minutes...I felt guilty for wanting any of those things. Buyers remorse without even buying any of it.

    Oh, but I forgot to add something to my list. Dave and I saw a commercial for this.

    http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-Digital-Multi-Floor-Vacuum/dp/B004GN8UYA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301344555&sr=1-1

    Our stair are begging us to by one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KUT jeans -- you can get them at Nordstrom (Rack too) and Von Maur. Not sure about Macy's... LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear by Gap jeans- theyre comfy, last forever and are relatively cheap. I got Gena into them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Gina! The favorite pair of jean I was talking about -- they were from Gap. So apparently they last forever unless you abuse them with pregnant belly. But let me tell you, it felt great to be able to still fit into that one pair of non-maternity jeans for so long. Definitely worth ruining them.

    Leeanne -- I gotta check out KUT jeans too. Do you know if they have them in a shorter inseam? I'm cursed with some short legs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very interesting post for girls.So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.