Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The blink of an eye

These days time is like the blink of an eye.

Blink. It's May 1. Blink.

Heidi is 6 months old.

Heidi is a thriving, beautiful, healthy and happy 6 month old.

As much as I don't want to compare Heidi and Owen, I do. I didn't realize it then, but taking care of one child is easier. Meals, naps, bedtime can all be easily scheduled and focused around the one child. With the second child, that's not the case because big brother can talk and tell you when he needs to eat or sleep.

But Heidi is wonderful, and takes her not-quite-scheduled-life with ease. She doesn't scream when she is hungry -- although she will let you know she isn't perfectly content. She doesn't get crabby if she gets one big nap during the day or two shorter naps or if she goes to bed at 9 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m.

Although she likes to be held and nursed in the middle of the night. Which I forgot how exhausting that can be.

Anyway.

Heidi has only been with us for 6 months, but it seems like she's always been part of our family. She makes us complete. Her giggles and smile are contagious, and we all love to make them appear. Her cheeks are rosy and full. She has chubby little wrists and thighs. She has blue eyes and a dimple in her chin. She doesn't have much hair, but it looks like it's going to be brown. I love this girl, and I am so glad to be able to call her my own. 
 

J.B.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post. Well done !

    Please check my recent post BEAUTY OF THE DAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    For all your financial problems, please contact me. I am willing to help all people in financial difficulties and being banned by its banks for a loan.
    Regardless of your status I am willing to help you for a loan in the short time.
    Contact me by email: leferfrancisjean@gmail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.