Thursday, December 9, 2010

Newborn photos

My sister-in-law is a photographer. If you've followed my blog for any length of time (or know me in real life), you probably know that. So for several years now I've been oooing and ahhing over newborn photos. I hoped that when we had a baby there would be a way for her to travel from North Carolina to take newborn photos of our little one.

So when the time came, my wish came true. Not only did Katie fly to Minnesota to take photos (and to meet her nephew), but so did a photographer-friend of hers, Jessica. Two photographers took pictures of my little guy! Newborn photos are kinda complicated. They have to be done within a certain number of days of birth. So even though she had her flight and we had studio time scheduled, we weren't 100% certain we'd be able to get the newborn photos we wanted. But Owen was born just in time (he was a little old, but was still a champ for his session). He must have known how badly his mommy wanted these photos.

Last week, Jessica blogged our photo session. Check out how cute my little guy is! She is a great photographer and I would recommend her for anyone looking for a photographer in the Twin Cities.

I had a great time watching Katie and Jessica take pictures, especially after admiring pictures of other people's newborns. It was cool to see how they do it. I never would have guessed how much work goes into getting these pictures. The baby must be sleeping...and there are several strategies they use to get him to sleep and to keep him that way. So obviously there is a time constraint. Then there is other photo-related stuff they have to figure out, like the lighting. Finally there is the positioning of the baby. But in the end, their hard work was worth it....and I get to reap the benefits of having beautiful pictures of my little guy to keep forever!


J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear.